Breastfeeding Medicine & Primary Care Community
Join our community to engage discussion and collaboration around providing excellent breastfeeding support in the primary care setting.Already a Community Member? CLICK HERE
An Introduction to Lactation Consultant (LC)/Primary Care Provider(PCP) Team-Based Care
Ann M. Witt, MD, FABM, IBCLC
Join our community to get access Dr. Witt's FULL introductory video on the the basic principles of team-based care and how it applies to outpatient breastfeeding support. Play the 1 minute video clip now for an overview.
Get Support for Team-Based Care
Connect with Lactation Providers in Circles of Support
Delve Deeper with The First Weeks Course support
Take Our Survey for FREE Access to the Community!
One of the goals of BfMed Primary Care is to spread the word about the power and potential of the Lactation Consultant/Primary Care Provider (LC/PCP) Team-Based Care model of breastfeeding support.
By taking the survey below, you will help us assess the needs of healthcare providers and lactation professionals seeking to team up in their communities.Take the Survey
Download Team-Based Care Overview
Team-based LC/PCP care acknowledges:
- Families want to breastfeed and health care provider support is important for successful breastfeeding.
- Families experience breastfeeding challenges and need a plan that addresses these difficulties.
- Education of the breastfeeding family takes time and breastfeeding knowledge.
First Weeks Course
Join other healthcare providers in providing timely, clinically relevant, practical support to your families.
- Instruction on fundamental skills
- Evidence-based evaluation and management of common lactation difficulties
- Clinically relevant, case-based presentations
- 4.75 hours of AAFP category 1 prescribed CME // 4.75 L- CERPS
Wondering how to get started? Check out our blogs on primary care breastfeeding support to learn about:
- Coding and billing for lactation care
- The Business Case for Breastfeeding
- Quality Improvement Initiatives in Primary Care
- 6-Point Practice Assessment
- What is a Breastfeeding Friendly Medical Office?
- + so much more